We are in the days when we talked about Industry 4.0 and even Industry 5.0. Many manufacturers and enterprises have already stepped into the age of Industry 4.0: “smart factories”. Implementation of Augmented Reality in manufacturing is going to assist production lines as well.In terms of digital transformation in production, artificial intelligence, innovation, robotic production, industrial digitalization, smart factories, automation, unmanned production lines, interactive business training, all concepts are one of the branches under the umbrella of industry 4.0 and even industry 5.0. AR facilitates learning by providing more memorable experiences. Augmented Reality (AR) is also used extensively within the manufacturing and Industrial sectors. In factories and production facilities, trainings on machine use, repair and service can be provided with AR. Employees who can view and learn the solutions of complex technical problems in Augmented Reality (AR) mode at production and maintenance stages can achieve results much faster than traditional methods. Castrol, Boeing, General Electric, Bosch etc. are working with the world's leading industry AR, Augmented Reality technology. Let's talk about the increase in chain performance in 4 steps with the use of augmented reality in production. As Business Training will become more fun with augmented reality job training, the first step is to speed up training and improve training performance. In the second step, the production performance increases as the employees can recall the business trainings they learned in a fun and interactive way in the business process faster. The third step is to decrease the training costs in terms of both time and cost. As such, production costs and error times will be reduced. And finally, job security will also be positively affected, work accidents will be minimized.
Augmented reality can be used in difficutl construction as like designing cars or planes, or any other product. AR models help to estimate the functionality of the design and can be used to optimize it. The main pros of AR are:
* Detailed models. 3D models in association with AR give the opportunity to see a clear look the future product without overlapping the program interface, not limited by the computer screen.
* Better feedback. AR gives the opportunity to connect designed objects with the physical products. It provides both visual and digital data, which help to improve design itself.
* Better preview. Before the era of AR, constructors had to do multiple runs of product prototypes. Now, with the help of AR, they get the unrestricted view and can cut mockups costs.
Augmented reality applications will provide the workers with visual displaying of the parts and details to assemble, information about the necessary instruments for every stage. They may highlight the finished pieces, give the whole 3D instruction. And what is even more important, AR devices like smart glasses enables hands-free work.
* Cost cutting: Augmented reality help to reduce the costs by preventing errors. The quality control with use of AR will give more accurate results and prevent any further expenses.
* Increased productivity: After applying the AR, factories and plants can observe the increase the speed of work by 30%. The main goal of applying new technologies to the production is to get a higher number of the final product. With the help of augmented reality technologies, this goal is easily achieved.
* Minimize production errors: For sure, increased productivity and increased training experience will reduce the production erros.
AR training in production helps:
* increase the quality of work due to each employee has all the necessary information in his hand
* cut the time of preparing the new workers
* prevent the failures.
The employee, who sees how to repair the machine with Augmented Reality, can maintenance and repair without losing time. Or, the technical team walking around the building can see the electricity and water plumbing pipes behind the walls, intervene instantly, and observe the system throughout the building with the help of AR glasses or mobile AR application on their phones. Or technicians or engineers tasked with detecting the problem of motor vehicles can see the engine in layers with Augmented Reality technology and master the finest details. Augmented Reality (AR) is also used in various live support systems. In Augmented Reality technology, it transfers the image you see live to the other user instantly, and shows the points that the user marked on the video to you by using AR feature. For example, when the remote technician marks which switch input is caused by the switch input, you can instantly see the virtual sign and / or icon left by that person on the relevant electrical switch as AR.
Main benefits of AR devices during the maintenance and repair:
* aid the mechanic’s real view with the text, arrows, and animations
* increased accuracy
* real-time diagnostic data
* safety warnings
* both hands are free
* overlaying the dynamic instructions onto the real product.
Porsche, who upgraded factories in Leipzig and Zuffenhausen and called it Porsche Production 4.0. Earlier than anyone else, in 2011, Airbus started to use the QA tool with AR – Smart Augmented Reality Tool (SART). Since then, SART has been installed on about a hundred tablets and over 1,000 employees use it daily. Augmented reality in the quality control in the first place brings these risks down. It can diagnose each stage of the working process.
Augmented Reality can be used in almost every stage of design and production, from concept to design, from design to production. As it can be placed on the real working environment as augmented reality, assembly examples, quality control information and process steps in engineering, it will be useful as we can take a closer look at the 3D model with all the relevant details in business education or production, using only your mobile phone or tablet. An idea will emerge when you follow the example of Siemens.
If you aim to use augmented reality for production and implement digital transormation, innovation with augmented reality in industry 4.0, you are as close as a mail to augmented reality agency Nsocial !